Course Level 1: suitable for K1 (3 to 4 years old)
- Children will be taught to listen & respond to instructions, use general and thematic vocabulary, comprehend concepts of size, colours, shapes, numbers and letters.
- In addition, students listen to stories and participate in artwork.
- There are 21 original stories in this level. These are designed to capture the imagination of young children, engage their curiosity and enable them to have fun at the same time.
- Engaging illustrations will stimulate their interest and create conversations, as well as whole class discussions.
Course Level 2: suitable for K2 (4 to 5 years old)
- Children will be taught to build upon their existing language competency.
- They will learn to recognise and use ‘action words’ extensively, to use rhymes and rhyming words to practise correct pronunciation and to promote new language skills.
- In addition, interactive oral exercises using new thematic language will increase their confidence.
- Single phonic sounds are introduced in the order of common usage: a e i o u – c k t s d p b g f h j y q l r m n v w x z.
- Consonants are learnt and used immediately with vowels to form words.
- The children begin to read by decoding once they have learnt their single sounds.
Course Level 3: K3 (5 to 6 years old)
- Your child will be taught to read.
- We teach Progression in Phonics, High Frequency Words, Sight Words and ‘Picture’ Words. Language is expanded with ‘Pattern & Rhyme’ and thematic vocabulary.
- Single sounds and consonant blends encourage phonemic awareness.
- Simple concepts of grammar (e.g. prepositions) are introduced, writing skills practised, speech developed with stories and topic discussion.
- In this level comprehension is introduced by questions and answers that relate to reading passages.