Course Level 4: suitable for P1 (6 to 7 years old)
- Your child will be taught to consolidate and extend their phonemic awareness with ‘beginning, middle and ending’ sounds and to read independently.
- This level continues to improve the student’s reading knowledge and comprehension.
- New topics introduce vocabulary and the students are encouraged to ask their own questions.
- New sight words are taught as they occur in the topics and exercises.
- The oral exercises include prepositions, verbs, concepts of quantity and the questions words – why, where, which
Course Level 5: suitable for P2 (7 to 8 years old)
- Your child will be taught to appreciate the connection between illustrations and text, which generates opportunities to speak, listen and offer opinions.
- This level encourages the student to sequence events relating to various characters, explore facts and opinions and ask their classmates questions.
- Guided group reading is featured in this level. Communication skills are improved and opportunities are given for discussion.
- The basic ‘Parts of Speech’ are introduced and practised.
Course Level 6: P3 (8 to 9 years old)
- Your child will be taught to understand and use tenses.
- Discussion strategies are taught and your child will be encouraged to think independently.
- New words are introduced and decoding practised as well as pronunciation definitions. Syllables are also taught and students are encouraged to research for extra information.
- New characters and story lines are gradually introduced to motivate students to read, write and think independently.
- Your child will be are encouraged to review and discuss situations with their classmates.